Pop-unders remain a significant part in the publisher’s armoury of ad formats. There are now a range of different networks that support this type of inventory and with the aim of finding the very best popunder network, we’re going to be taking a closer look at how well-equipped these are at serving their user bases.
Using our recent analysis of the market, we’ll be looking into the pros and cons of the top 10 platforms as well as the general overview of these groups to ensure there is a transparent view of how each fair. For publishers searching for the best pop under ad network on the market, the options are as follows:
Offering a steady CPM and supporting of banners, interstitials and push-ups along with pop-unders, Adsterra is a very well-rounded option for publishers. The platform also boasts a referral program offering 5% commission of a new publisher’s commission to the site that referred them, as well as eight different payment options. Adult traffic is allowed on the network.
- One of the largest ranges of payment options (payments delivered bi-weekly)
- Good rate of CPM
- Fill rate of 100% means all traffic is sold
- Self-service option for campaign maintenance
- Minimum payout of $100 is above market average
ExoClick offers an even greater range of ad formats aside from pop-unders, with creative options like native and IM supplementing video formats like pre-roll, in-stream and in-video. A minimum payout of $20 is all it takes to get earning and this is available on a weekly basis.
- Wide range of ad formats, particularly for video
- Minimum payout of $20, available weekly
- Active referral program offers a 5% top-up of a new publisher’s commission
- Allows adult traffic.
- Asian countries hampered by low CPM
- Support is only available through email.
Read our ExoClick full review here.
The reliability of HilltopAds is defined by 100% fill rates, good support and a strong CPM, especially on mobile. The group supports pop under ads for publisher sectors including adult and this inventory is the network’s specialism; in fact, it’s all the platform offers.
- Fill rate of 100% ensures traffic is sold
- Payouts delivered weekly, with lots of options for making withdrawals
- Skype option helps speed up customer service
- Pop-unders are the only ads supported
- No self-service option means every change must be made by a manager
TrafficForce is boosted by a high CPM for both pop-unders and banners, although the lack of a referral program, high minimum payouts and the quality of its support does let its case down to a degree. The network does support adult traffic, though, and might be a good option for publishers that prioritize with earning.
- Both pop-unders and banners benefit from high CPM rates
- Offer back URLs help with distributing any unsold traffic.
- Low fill-rates offset a good CPM
- Minimum earning of $100 is only delivered monthly
- Our investigations found support to be lacking.
Read our TrafficForce full review here.
Another popunder network, DoublePimp is the home of one of the highest rates of CPM in the adult sector. There is a self-service option for making manual adjustments to campaigns, which can counter-balance the issues some might have with support and the lack of a referral program.
- High rates of CPM for adult sites and traffic
- Self-service option allows manual tweaks to campaigns
- Customer support by skype
- No referral program for maximizing revenue
- Only supports pop-unders
Our investigations found Adnium to be another lacking in speed of support, but publishers should be aware of a good CPM for banners if ever they wanted something on top of their pop-unders. There is a self-service option and payments are available by request, providing a minimum of $100 is reached.
- Banners attract a strong CPM
- Self-service option for making manual adjustments to campaigns
- Support by skype
- Minimum earning of $100 is only available through Paxum or wire transfer
- Adult traffic is allowed but the network is stringent on terms of overall service
Is Ero-Advertising the best pop ads network? Well, it ticks some useful boxes in good a CPM for certain GEOs, a self-service platform, on top of customer support being offered through email and Skype. Some countries may find it harder to earn big amounts than others but there are benefits for all parties here. Adult traffic is also supported.
Read this also Best Adult Ad Networks 2017.
- European GEOs benefit from a good CPM
- Offer back URLs help with distributing unsold traffic
- Referral program enables publishers to maximize income
- Minimum payout of €10 is available weekly
- Self-service platform facilitates manual adjustments to campaigns
- Tier-2 and tier-3 countries are hampered by a low CPM
Read our Ero-Advertising full review here.
TrafficShop is certainly in with a shout of being the best pop under advertising network. There is a good CPM for desktop traffic, the fill rate is around 80%, the minimum payout is $50 and available on request. On the other hand, we found support to be fairly unreliable and there is no referral program available.
- Supports adult traffic
- Offer back URLs help distribute unsold traffic
- Good fill rates
- Support has room for improvement
- Publishers must add all domains as traffic is assessed by referrer
- No active referral program limits chance of maximizing earnings
JuicyAds may have low rates for banners although it performs much better as a pop under advertising network. The platform supports adult traffic and is boosted by a referral program which pays 20% of a new publisher’s commission to the referring party. Minimum payouts at $25 are also way below the market average – these being available on request – while Asia and Russia attracts a good CPM.
- Self-service platform for making manual changes to campaigns
- Asia and Russia benefit from a strong rate of CPM
- Payout is low at $25 and available on request
- Offer back URLs help distribute unsold traffic
- Referral program paying 20% helps publishers maximize their income
- Email is the only support channel available
- Admin panel is difficult to use
- Banner ads attract a very low CPM
The final contender for the best popunder ad network is Reporo. The network is mobile-only and has a high payout at $100, delivered bi-monthly. That said, adult traffic is supported and there is good customer service available through email and Skype.
- Good support available via email and Skype
- Not self-service – all changes go through a manager
- Minimum payout is high at $100
- No referral program prevents earnings from being maximized
Read our Reporo Ad Network Review here.
There are advantages and disadvantages to every ad network. Thanks to ad mediation services like AdSpyglass, publishers can link themselves up to all of the platforms above and reap the benefits that each can offer.
This practice naturally enhances a publisher’s opportunities for better ad monetization by allowing networks to compete with each other for their traffic in real time. A rival to the ‘waterfall’ method which prioritizes with certain buyers, publishers are empowered by a system which enables them to seek the right places for their ads, based on factors like price and GEO.
The end result is a ‘one-stop shop’ which makes for a simple way to sell ad space without the rigmarole attached to working with multiple partners. Not only this, with some publishers managing to increase their revenue by 100% as a result of using AdSpyglass, there are obvious financial benefits to be had.
Read also What Is Header Bidding And How Does It Works.
And compare all ad networks’ CPM rates by countries here: Top Ad Networks 2017.